Please see my ode to the art of writing, posted today on Fiona and Kaspalita's blog, Writing Our Way Home.
Okay, here it comes--and I'm not even going to apologize for it!--the shameless self-promotion and sales pitch. First, if you're a regular, or even an occasional reader of The Buddha Diaries or Persist: The Blog, thank you. I've said it before, but never too often. I hugely appreciate your readership.
Now I'm asking for your help. "Mind Work" is off the press and copies are available. I'm not expecting a big commercial success; indeed, the financial return (if any!) is no great motivation for me. But I do want to get copies into circulation, and this is a challenge, coming from a small independent publisher. It's hard to get book stores to order copies unless real people come in, asking for it; and those many readers who might well get something important from the book will never know about it if they don't see copies on the shelves of their local bookshop.
So here's what I'm asking, as recompense for those many delightful hours you have spent immersed in The Buddha Diaries!
1) The best thing you can do is to order a copy at your local bookstore, and give it a good mention to the people there.
2) The next best thing is to order online, through Amazon or Barnes & Noble; or directly from Parami Press.
3) You can give the book a mention in your blog; or email the link to your list of contacts, with your personal recommendation.
4) You can read the book and give it a review, or forward your recommendation to a person who might write one.
5) You can talk it up amongst friends, suggest it as a read for your book club, and so on. The buzz is enormously important.
Thank you for any and all help you can give me. It will be much appreciated. Meantime, a couple of stones...